Thursday, April 24, 2014

Cecile Brunner Roses and Pink Doily


My Cecile Brunner Rose bush is in full bloom right now. The roses are small but very fragrant. I was inspired to create a little vignette on my night stand.



The pink doily is not new, I did share it with you in a post last year (you can see that post here). The pattern for this doily is from 1951, and it’s available free here.








As I said the roses are very fragrant and it feels so luxurious to wake up in the morning in a room filled with their sweet aroma.







Another gorgeous bush has started to bloom in my yard, which inspired me to start a new crochet project. But that’s a secret for now!


Thank you everyone who left comments on my previous post. I appreciate your kind and encouraging words.

I'm linking this post to 

Create It Thursday @ Lamberts Lately
Link Your Stuff @ Annamarie's Haakblog
Craft Schooling Sunday @ Crative Jewish Mom
Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home,

16 comments:

  1. Hi Olga,
    Oh Lucky You!! Your Cecile's are gorgeous and must smell wonderful (take a big whiff for me!). What a gorgeous photo in the little creamers with the perfectly matching pink doily, a sure way for a good morning!! Love the garden shot too!! Enjoy!
    Hugs,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the prettiest pictures of your beautiful roses with that sweet pink doily! Looks like you are having a beautiful spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your roses are beautiful such a lovely delicate pink. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those climbing roses are so pretty and there are so many blooms! I just love roses. And I'm a sucker for pink doilies too...or anything pink really. I can smell your roses from here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must have a green thumb Olga because your garden looks beautiful. I'm so jealous. I can barely keep houseplants alive. I would bring them in too to enjoy all day long. :)
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful roses, pictures and doily !!!
    Have a nice weekend !!!
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much pretty pink! I've been surrounded by pink lately, too. =) No flowers to speak of yet, but they'll be coming eventually. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a happy little rose - absolute delight and will really life anyone's spirits. I say get a garden chair, a sunhat and sit where you have a perfect view of the beautiful rosebush . . . you may crochet while you gaze!

    Very intrigued about your new project - enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes I do that, and I also like having my morning coffee next to my rosebush. I used to think that for happiness I need grand things in life, but now I know that happinesses and joy can be found in lots of things that I'm surrounded with.

      Delete
  9. I envy you your roses. I live on top of what is virtually an anthill. Every rose I have planted has been chewed off at the roots. That rose of yours is just so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty doily!! And I love those roses in your garden:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful roses. It is such a lovely thing when the garden is in bloom. Oh and I love that doily! Looks like a pineapple pattern? I have a soft spot for the pineapple! Have a nice week. Anna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just amazingly beautiful roses and your arrangements are so sweet. Perfect with your pretty pink doily :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful post with doily and rose flower photos!

    Hugs
    Rose
    Pink Rose Crochet

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful, delicate doily! I love it. I came across your blog by accident and would definitely drop in more often :-) Greetings from Poland :-)

    ReplyDelete