Sunday, March 25, 2012

Doily of the Week #18: Vintage Doily with a Star

This is another vintage doily that my mom made many years ago. The crochet thread is very thin, and from many washings the doily has become very soft. I usually starch and iron the doilies I make, but I keep my mom’s vintage doilies soft and shabby.



I haven’t crocheted any new doilies for quite a while. I’m afraid I will run out of doilies soon. I could never get tired of looking at doilies though, and I really love my Doily of the Week blog feature!

So I want to ask if any other doily crocheters would like to share their work on my blog. You can e-mail me a picture of your doily and I will gladly post it. You can add a story of the doily if you wish. Also, if you have a blog or web site, I can link the post back to your blog/site, so Lacy Crochet readers can see your other crochet work.

The picture has to be taken by you (not a copy from a magazine or the Internet). By sending me the picture of your doily, you grant me the right to post it on Lacy Crochet only. If you want me to link to your blog/website, indicate so in your e-mail and provide me with the html address. You can find my e-mail address in my profile.

Please, help me keep Doily of the Week alive!

I'm linking this post to Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home.

8 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I will be e-mailng you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your doily ! And I love doing them...
    Please check out my blog annasimplecrochet.blogspot.com
    Have a nice week.
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. merhaba olga her sey cok güzel harika örnekler,cau cau

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great and pretty doily.. I love to make doilies, but I dont have my own patterns so much..

    ReplyDelete
  5. really great idea.... soon my e-mail will be there.... and please do check my Crochet Motif Of the Month challenge(C-MOM) in my blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prześliczna serwetka!!! Pozdrawiam

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a stunning doilie - and one your mom made, how special is that!??

    And you make them too, wow - that's impressive.

    I have no idea how to do anything like that but I sure know how to buy them, love them and admire them, does that count?

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete